Breda Fox - CEO Galway County and City Enterprise Board
To stimulate and support the creation of economically sustainable employment opportunities for all sectors of the area through the:
- Promotion of an Enterprise Culture;
- Provision of Business Information, Advice, Mentoring, Management Development and Counselling;
- Formation of Partnerships and Alliances;
- Fostering of Economic Development;
- and the Provision of Direct Financial Support.
Galway has a strong and successful small business sector. Our goal is to ensure the continued growth and success of micro enterprises in the region.
- Fostering a local enterprise culture;
- Maximising the employment potential of small businesses in the region;
- Providing a range of business support packages to small-scale enterprises including business information & advice, mentoring, training and networking & promotional opportunities;
- Providing direct financial assistance to qualifying businesses in the form of capital & refundable grants, employment grants, feasibility study grants.
The Board is a limited company by guarantee and comprises four staff members and a Board of Directors. Funding for the Board is provided by the Irish Government and European Union structural funds under the current National Development Plan. The Board are audited by the Comptroller & Auditor General annually and we produce a set of accounts that are available from the Companies Registration Office.