NUI Galway firmly holds a position as one of the leading research-intensive universities in Europe. NUI Galway’s state of the art facilities on campus attract internationally admired researchers. The Campus Innovation Centre plays a strategic role in the development of start-up companies. The aim of the Campus Innovation Centre is to create an environment which encompasses both business growth and innovation, enhancing the development of entrepreneurship.
The Incubation Centre provides:
- Facilities & Services;
- 24 incubation units ranging in size from 300 – 750sq ft.;
- 6 Bio-Incubator laboratories or ‘wet-lab’ space along with a core lab, serviced office facilities including broadband, line rental, conference facilities, meeting rooms and coffee dock;
- Third level expertise from centres of excellence;
- Access to research resources such as laboratories, testing, specialised equipment, expertise, IP & commercialisation;
- Very competitive rates;
- Funding supports for R&D Collaborative Projects;
- Hot Desk facility for short term rental;
- Business development supports in place to assist in the formation and growth of the company.
The Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology opened two Innovation in Business Centres (IiBC) in late 2005 and mid 2006. These Innovation Centres support and facilitate the emergence of new market-led and knowledge-based companies in the region and forge strategic links between the college and the world of industry and commerce. The IiBCs at GMIT Galway offer incubation facilities and a supportive environment to potential entrepreneurs to assist them in taking their ideas from concept to full commercialisation.
Link to the innovation centre: http://www.gmit.ie/iibc/index.html